Proyecto Hombre del Caribe, A.C.
It is a private non-profit organization that operates the only therapeutic community in Cancun for the prevention and treatment of addictions “PROGRAMA HOMBRE” in which working with the treatment model of Proyecto Hombre Spain, unique in Mexico.
“PROGRAMA HOMBRE” was created by a group of businessmen cancunenses worried about the alarming increase in rates of addiction and crime among adolescents and young from Cancun and was thinking of offering a professional treatment quality facilities available to anyone who wants to recover from their addiction without of gender, religion or socioeconomic status.
Our therapists have over 10 years experience working with addictions, starting as volunteers in various treatment programs and then train for more than a year in the facilities of Proyecto Hombre in Malaga, Spain to become certified in this model of prevention and care.
“PROGRAMA HOMBRE” is one of the households of Ciudad de la Alegría Foundation, A.C. and it created alliances with institutions such as Caritas privilege of Quintana Roo, DIF Municipal and Benito Juarez municipality to be part of the Municipal Council Against Addictions.
Currently we have the following programs:
- TC addiction treatment in residential mode. placement for young people and adults who can not stop using.
- Outpatient Program: For people who maintain their family, economic or school structure.
- Universal school prevention program “Together” program implemented in schools for students 5th grade of primary school to the 3rd of high school.
- Selective prevention program. For teenagers and young people at risk.
- Indicated Prevention Program. For teenagers and young people with experimental use of licit and illicit substances.
- Family program. All previous programs are accompanied by this program so that the family is a protective factor.
- Business talks and workshops. Program different emotional health talks interrelated focused on preventing absenteeism by addictions.
- Lectures and workshops at schools. Prevention program for students and parents to help restructure roles, improve communication and establish standards to help prevent addiction in teenagers and young adults.